Monday, September 01, 2008

Toad Paradise

By our driveway, my house has a basement window. It's small and protected, if you want to call it that, by a metal guard that is probably supposed to keep stuff out of there.


My mom and I can't really figure out how they get in and out, but somehow that small area has become a toad hotel. It seems like any time I look, there's at least one toad in there. I don't know if they can squeeze between the siding and the metal to climb out, or if there's a secret tunnel... but however they do it, the toads seem pretty happy to live there.



How many can you spot in this picture?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our toad lives on our lawn mower (of all places) inside the garage...!

gaz said...

i spot 4!
my son is desperate to catch a frog. he's even set up a 'trap' for it in the garden made from plastic bottles filled with grass and water. he checks it every day to see if one has made it's way in.
i've destroyued a few with the lawnmower (accidentally you understand!)

Gregory Oberle said...

I'd rather have a toad for the road, but these (four) are still quite nice, inedible and non-chocolate though as they are...you know, being just a picture and all.

Anonymous said...

Upon my return home from the dog-walk this evening, I found said toad waiting in the garage where my front left car wheel was about to travel...I've decided that he/she has a death wish, possibly inspired by his/her impossible love for my lawn mover...